Reusable Batteries: How Long Should They Last?
The use of reusable batteries for cannabis vaporizers has seen a significant increase in recent years. This trend is driven by the growing demand for more sustainable and environmentally friendly alternatives to disposable batteries. However not all rechargeable batteries are made the same, making it important to use a trusted manufacturer for your vaporizer hardware.
Reusable Batteries Vs Disposables
Disposable and rechargeable batteries are both used in the cannabis industry for vaporizers, but they have several key differences. Disposable batteries are one-time-use only and must be replaced when the battery is depleted. They are often less expensive upfront but can add up in cost over time due to the frequent need for replacements. And while newer models have begun to offer a rechargeable option the disposable still must be tossed since the cartridge cannot be replaced once the concentrate inside is gone.
Rechargeable batteries, on the other hand, can be recharged and used multiple times, making them a more cost-effective option in the long run. Rechargeable batteries also tend to have a longer lifespan and provide more consistent performance compared to disposable options. However, they may require an initial investment in a charging device and may take longer to charge than disposable batteries. Ultimately, the choice between disposable and rechargeable batteries will depend on personal preference and usage needs.
Rechargeable cannabis vape batteries are most commonly made with lithium-ion technology. This is the same technology used in cellphones and electric cars. Lithium-ion batteries are rechargeable, long-lasting, and have a high energy density, making them ideal for use in cannabis vapes. They are also relatively lightweight and small, making them easy to carry around.
Lifespan of Lithium-ion
The average lifespan of a lithium-ion cannabis vape battery can vary depending on several factors such as the quality of the battery, the frequency of use, and how it is maintained and charged. In general, a well-made, high-quality lithium-ion battery can last for several hundred charging cycles before its capacity starts to degrade.
For a typical user, this could mean a lifespan of a year or more, but this can vary widely. Some factors that can affect a battery's lifespan include:
- The depth of discharge (how much of the battery's capacity is used each time)
- The temperature at which the battery is stored and used
- How often the battery is charged and discharged
- Whether the battery is used in high or low power mode (for batteries with changeable voltage)
It's worth noting that as a lithium-ion battery approaches the end of its lifespan, its capacity will decline, which means that it will not last as long between charges. If you notice that your battery is not lasting as long as it used to, it may be time to replace it.
When using a rechargeable cannabis vape battery, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and guidelines for charging and usage to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
Below are some general guidelines to follow to extend the lifespan of your vape battery:
- Avoid extreme temperatures: Lithium-ion batteries can be damaged by extreme heat or cold, so try to store them in a cool, dry place. Avoid exposing the battery to direct sunlight or storing it in a hot car, as this can cause permanent damage.
- Charge the battery properly: Make sure to use the correct charging cable and follow the manufacturer's instructions for charging the battery. Overcharging or undercharging can have negative effects on the battery's lifespan. Avoid charging the battery to 100% if possible and aim to keep it between 20-80% if possible.
- Avoid over-discharging: Try not to discharge the battery completely, as this can reduce its lifespan. If possible, charge the battery when it reaches around 20-30% of its capacity.
- Store the battery properly: When storing the battery for a long period of time, it's best to keep it at around 40-50% of its capacity. Storing the battery fully charged or fully depleted can reduce its lifespan.
- Regularly check the battery's performance: If you notice that the battery is not lasting as long as it used to, it may be time to replace it. A well-made, high-quality lithium-ion battery should last for several hundred charging cycles before its capacity starts to decline.
By following these tips, you can help extend the lifespan of your lithium-ion battery and ensure that it continues to perform optimally.
Proper care of reusable vape batteries will help extend the longevity of the product, but the hardware manufacturer chosen by operators can also play a role in the battery’s lifespan. Choosing a trusted manufacturer for your cannabis vape battery is essential for both safety and performance. A reliable manufacturer will use high-quality materials and state-of-the-art production processes to create a battery that is both safe and reliable for consumers. This is important because poorly made batteries can be prone to failure, which can cause safety risks and a quick depletion of the battery’s lifespan.
In addition, a trusted manufacturer will typically have strict quality control processes in place to ensure that their batteries meet industry standards and meet their stated specifications. This means that you can trust that the battery will perform as expected and will have a longer lifespan, which can save you and your customers money in the long run.
Furthermore, a trusted manufacturer will often have a good reputation in the industry and a track record of producing high-quality products. This can give you peace of mind knowing that you are using a reliable and well-made battery that has been tried and tested by others.
If you have any questions or would like help finding the best reusable battery option for your cannabis operation, don't hesitate to reach out to S10 Labs' hardware experts.